Rand Baldwin email@example.com 425-829-4162
Solid track record over many years of directing ecommerce, web design, development, and Internet marketing.
- Reno-Tahoe ADDY Award Winner (Best Website, Consumer, HTML)
- Romero Gold Award Winner (Excellence in Web & Internet Marketing)
- Romero Diamond Award Winner (Excellence in Email Marketing)
- Romero Diamond Award Winner (Excellence in VIP Promotion)
Passionate about using best practices to build award-winning web sites that are effective across multiple platforms and devices. Thorough understanding of how languages and technologies work together to build robust sites and ecommerce systems. Proficient with Photoshop, good eye for design and efficient UI/UX.
Thorough understanding of Internet Marketing (Search/SEO/SEM, Display Advertising, Email, Social, Mobile), from the psychology to the mechanics, proven by extremely strong analytics and growth statistics.
Excellent communication and customer relation skills, comfortable and experienced working with people at all levels of an organization, as well as outside service providers. Proactive, work well without supervision, well-organized, good attention to detail. Good team player, diplomatic, good sense of humor, easy to work with.
I am driven by a passion for excellence, have an exceptional work ethic, and a spotless reputation for integrity. I have made solid contributions everywhere I have worked, and have excellent references to back it up!
2012 – Present: Business owner (4nets.com)
- Running a web agency providing strategy, design, development, hosting, and marketing for small to medium sized businesses. Seeking a new opportunity with a company I believe in and people who are driven by what we can accomplish.
2009 – 2012: Peppermill Resort Spa Casino; Director of eCommerce
- Directed a team of Internet developers and marketers.
- Developed and managed over a dozen corporate web sites, and multiple mobile apps.
- Drove millions of dollars of revenue via ecommerce.
- Earned numerous awards, including ADDYs for design and Romeros for design and marketing.
- Directed Internet marketing across multiple channels including Search, Display Ads, Email, Social, and Mobile.
- Produced strong online marketing and social media results (including 200% growth in Facebook fan base to over 22,000 followers).
- Ran email campaigns sending nearly 30 million emails per year (strategically targeted, and successfully measured).
- Developed online customer satisfaction survey system that resulted in improved customer engagement, and boosted ratings at social and travel sites.
- Customized online booking and eCommerce systems to improve customer experience and increase upsells.
- Used extensive analytics to monitor and tune sites and booking systems.
- Negotiated numerous contracts and managed vendor relations.
- Managed large department budgets.
- Managed all domain registration, dns records, and web servers.
- Worked with other directors on marketing plans, and identity / branding consistency.
2000 – 2009: EFC; IT Manager, Webmaster
- Developed and maintained large interactive web sites with streaming media, custom CMS, and skinnable designs.
- Developed web-enabled intranet applications to improve employee workflow and reduce paper.
- Reduced significant ongoing man-hours by automating daily web site updates with data-driven web applications.
- Reduced Internet operating expenses by more than 75% by reorganizing ISP and hosting services.
- Engineered, implemented, and managed all network infrastructure and servers (Exchange mail, file, firewall, NET, DNS, DHCP).
- Supervised two IT support techs, managed network, servers, 50 computer systems and all large-scale office equipment.
- Managed IT budget and purchasing, negotiated equipment contracts.
- Improved bi-monthly publication from a two-color newsletter to full color magazine without increasing budget.
- Developed plans and negotiated contracts dramatically increasing print/copy capabilities without increasing cost.
- Improved quality of video productions and produced weekly commercials (including video shooting and editing).
1997 – 2000: Coos Bay Public Schools; Technology Tech II, Webmaster
- Managed computer engineering, deployment, and maintenance of over 1300 networked systems across 12 campuses.
- Earned Microsoft Certified Professional and Microsoft Certified Product Specialist certifications.
- Built a web infrastructure (sites and security) consisting of several hundred pages, and trained staff to manage content.
- Increased staff efficiency by developing curriculum and teaching over 200 faculty in over fifty technology workshops.
- Deployed enterprise-wide backup system encompassing twelve lans and trained personnel to manage tape rotations.
1983 – 1997: Frank’s Computer Center – Applied Digital; Programmer to Owner
- Developed region’s leading business computer networking service and superb reputation well-known throughout Southwestern Oregon.
- Earned several hardware and Novell Netware certifications.
- Managed service department providing PC and printer repair / maintenance.
- Developed web presence, and worked with internet infrastructure for one of the first and largest ISPs in Southern Oregon.
- Learned sales and customer service skills, excelling in public relations.
- Developed numerous custom software packages and successfully marketed worldwide.
- Created exceptionally innovative software user interfaces with elements that later became standards.
- Saved clients thousands of dollars by developing innovative online applications, one of which was a pioneer in expanding the functionality of Internet appliances (enabling products such as WebTV to run software applications).
- Developed personnel management skills and supervised ten staff members.
- Sharpened systems analyst skills, and became extremely effective at applying technology to business solutions.
- Developed curriculum and taught computer programming courses.